If you’re experiencing troubles playing your Xbox games in Windows 11, try these fixes listed below.
1:Manually install the correct drivers for your game controller before launching any games on a PC.
2:Run as Administrator and make sure that all of your antivirus software is updated to its latest version.
3:Turn off Unmarked Checkboxes under Game Filter then checkmark “Games Only”. Then run the filter again with no boxes unchecked and checkmark “All Games” this time around to enable access to other types of content such as Netflix or YouTube videos or apps like iTunes or Spotify without conflicts.
The “windows 11 game bar not recording” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released 2 fixes to fix the issue.
Vladimir has a penchant for all things computer-related, having spent his whole life as an artist and playing professional handball. With a natural curiosity for investigation and analysis, and the realization that… Read more
- Xbox game bar issues are more likely to occur when a game file is corrupted.
- As a preliminary step, check Windows 11’s Settings to determine whether the Xbox game bar is enabled.
- If not, fixing the component has shown to be a good way to remedy the problem.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: it will correct common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC for optimal performance. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Xbox is one of the pre-installed programs in Windows 11. This program allows you to connect your Xbox to Windows and gives a handy gameplay bar where you can capture screenshots and film movies.
You’re not alone if you’ve just switched to Windows 11 and noticed that the Xbox game bar shortcut no longer works.
When a significant number of new customers first boot up their new operating system, they find that the Xbox GameBar feature is no longer displayed when the Start button is pressed.
Normally, you’d press Windows + G to bring up the game bar. After you’ve figured out what’s causing the problem, we’ll provide you a list of potential remedies for when the hotkey isn’t bringing up the game bar as it should.
What’s the deal with my Xbox game bar not working?
As it turns out, there’s a chance that upgrading to Windows 11 will result in this function being disabled. Unless you take the effort to re-enable this function, you will not be able to launch the Xbox gaming bar using a shortcut or the fast beginning icon.
Consider the following other reasons of the Xbox game bar issue:
Game bar is completely removed — it doesn’t matter whether you had it enabled before upgrading to Windows 11. This function has been reported to deactivate automatically during the update process by several clients. The Xbox game bar component is damaged — Dependency corruption is another reason why the functionality won’t start even if you explicitly enabled it. Microsoft, thankfully, has a few mitigation mechanisms in place for this sort of issue. The Xbox game bar is deactivated in the Registry — However, it has been revealed that if a hard-coded Registry value has been set to disable this component, this behavior may be anticipated. The enforcement (which is represented by a DWORD value) will be carried over to Windows 11 as well. The IeFrame Dynamic Link Library has been tampered with — Furthermore, as some affected users have noted, this issue might be caused by a DLL need (ieframe.dll) that the Xbox game bar depends on while operating on Windows 11. The app has been deactivated by Gpedit – Additionally, if you’re using Windows 11 PRO or your PC is part of a locally organized organization, it’s possible that a Local Group Policy will prevent you from utilizing the Xbox game bar function. Faulty Windows update – Another potential cause of the weird behavior with the Xbox game bar is a partly incompatible update that interferes with the console’s operating system’s broadcasting component.
What should you do if the Xbox gaming bar in Windows 11 isn’t working?
1. Go to Settings and enable the bar.
- To access the Settings app, press Windows key + I, then choose Gaming from the left panel, followed by Xbox Game Bar from the right.
- Using this button on a crontroller option, activate the toggle linked with the Open Xbox Game Bar once you’re within the Xbox Game Bar menu.
Restart your computer once you’ve performed the instructions above and wait for the next startup to finish. To access the Xbox game bar, just press the Windows + G keys together.
2. Reset the game bar component on your Xbox.
- To enter the Settings window, press Windows key + I, then pick Apps from the left panel, followed by Apps & Features from the right.
- Once you’re in the Apps & Features menu, search for the Xbox Search Bar app using the search bar, then click the three-dot icon next to it and choose Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to the Reset tab in the Advanced Menu and choose Repair.
3. In Registry Editor, enable the functionality.
- To launch Registry Editor with admin access, use Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box, then enter regedit and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Under HKEY CURRENT USER, proceed to Software, then to Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, and finally GameDVR.
- If the AppCaptureEnabled key isn’t visible in the right panel, right-click anywhere and choose New, then DWORD 32-bit Value or 64-bit Value, then AppCaptureEnabled as the name.
- Make sure the Base is set to Hexadecimal and the Value data is set to 1 by double-clicking on AppCaptureEnabled. To save the changes, click OK.
To make the changes take effect, close the Registry Editor and restart your computer. After your computer has booted up, try hitting Windows + G to activate the function.
4. Replace the ieframe.dll file if necessary.
- To launch Command Prompt with admin access, use Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box, then type cmd and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Once inside the elevated Command Prompt, write or paste the following commands one at a time, pressing Enter after each one: prompt sfc/verifyfile=c:windowssystem32ieframe.dll sfc/scanfile=c:windowssystem32ieframe.dll sfc/scanfile=c:windowssystem32ieframe.dll sfc assoc /scannow
Reboot your PC once the procedures have completed successfully to determine whether the Xbox game bar functionality has been restored.
5. In the Local Group Policy Editor, enable the Xbox game bar.
- To launch Command Prompt with admin access, use Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box, then type gpedit.msc and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Local Computer Policy, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting are the sections to look for.
- Double-click the Enables or disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting toggle and set it to Enabled, then click Apply to preserve your changes.
Restart your computer and check to see whether the Xbox game bar is functioning after changing the state of the Enables or disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting policy.
Is Windows 11 designed to be a gaming platform?
Some gaming-related features have been taken from the Xbox Series S/X, which you may look forward to. DirectStorage may drastically reduce lead times and enhance texture loading while also decreasing CPU pressure on those processes by using fast SSDs.
Auto-HDR, on the other hand, uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to automatically add an HDR option to any game, regardless of whether it supports it or not. To utilize it, you’ll need a suitable monitor, of course.
Windows 11 is also tightly integrated with the Xbox app, allowing users with an Ultimate subscription to play game titles on their PC as well as access to Xbox Cloud Gaming, where they can find and play their favorite Xbox games from anywhere in the world, including those that aren’t available on a PC.
Check out our piece on Xbox Game Pass’s top features, games, and offers for more information on what’s new in Windows 11.
Please read the attached article to understand how to remedy the issue if your Xbox game bar is always unstable and cannot be deactivated.
Alternatively, for additional possible solutions to your queries, see our post on how to repair Xbox gaming troubles on Windows 10. They may also be used in Windows 11.
Let us know which method worked best for you in the comments area below, as well as your current favorite Xbox game!
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “xbox game bar not recording” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my Xbox game bar wont work?
A: Unfortunately, Microsoft does not provide a fix for this issue.
Is Xbox game bar available in Windows 11?
A: Yes, it is accessible through the Settings menu.
How do you open the Xbox game bar on Windows 11?
A: If you have a computer that is running the Windows 10 Insider Preview, then your operating system should automatically open up Xbox Game Bar on demand. This setting can also be found by going to Settings -> Gaming -> Game bar and turning this option on with toggle switch button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- xbox game bar gaming features not available for windows desktop
- disable xbox game bar windows 11
- how to update xbox game bar
- xbox game bar party chat not working
- xbox game bar only showing audio